LEE NEWTON RHODES – WHY AM I RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT
Humpty Dumpty by Mother Goose
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall;
All the king’s horses and all the king’s men
Couldn’t put Humpty together again.
Washington is broken.
Is it possible to run a Presidential campaign without a single donor?
Is it possible to run a campaign on a strictly volunteer and word-of-mouth basis without soliciting a penny?
I’m giving it the ol’ college run.
I have decided to run for President of the United States. Yes, this means I am challenging Hillary Rodham Clinton, Donald Trump, and all the others.
I can’t compete with their finances. Hillary has collected so many “donations” from both domestic and foreign sources. The Clinton Foundation is overflowing with cash. Do you realize how many favors she is going to have to give out? Or did she already fulfill some of her IOU’s as Secretary of State? I don’t owe anybody anything. Donald is self funding. Well, sort of. He does accept donations. And all that free media.
According to Amy Chozick, “Mrs. Clinton should also enjoy an enormous financial advantage in a campaign that is expected to cost her $2.5 billion, with the help of ‘Super PAC’ donations and nearly universal support within the Democratic establishment.” In other words, more of the same. Could not that money be put to better use? I mean by someone other than Hillary.
So far, I have absolutely no support from the higher ups. Remember what Hillary said, “The deck is still stacked in favor of those at the top and there is something wrong with that.” Well, let us see if she at the top gives a guy at the bottom a break. Just don’t hold your breath.
To keep my campaign cost-free, but at the same time getting out my message, I have been posting opinion pieces and comments on a regular basis. With the help of online websites and social media sites such as Facebook I have free access to the only people who matter; you, the voters.
Albert Einstein said, “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
Washington is broken. Not breaking. Not cracked. Not chipped. Broken.
In order to fix Washington we need to start all over again. Think outside the box. Besides, as the saying goes, the inmates are running the asylum. They are the problem. It is foolish to expect the same politicians who created the problem to fix it. True lunacy.
Washington needs an outsider. Insiders are too blinded by fraud, waste, and incompetence. Washington needs a fresh set of eyes. The current crop of candidates are all insiders. All are career politicians. Even Trump has been supporting politicians and the current system for decades. They are too influenced by lobbies and donors.
Only an outsider has the ability to come in and help fix the current system. Both financially and operationally.
We need to think America first. Charity begins at home. Both in trade and security.
The reason so many people wish to come to America is because it is recognized for it’s greatness, opportunity, fairness, and beauty. The constitution is the greatest political document that has ever been written.
I miss the America of old. Remember when JFK said, “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
Make America great again? America never stopped being great. Some Americans maybe. We as a country are just going through trying times.
A professor of mine at Georgia State University, David Schwartz, wrote a book titled “The Magic of Thinking Big.” Right now there are no competent true outsiders coming forward. If not now, when? If not me, who?
Presidents need to walk the walk. Not just talk the talk. They need to be honest, transparent, and hard working. Not just in appearance.
Political donations equals political IOU’s. Donald Trump said it himself. I am the only candidate who has not raised or spent any money. His own or others.
Specifically, my platform would include the following:
- Tax Reform. The tax code is cumbersome. I would consider a federal real estate tax and reducing or eliminating the current personal income tax system. I would also reduce or eliminate all corporate taxes. This would bring jobs back to America.
- Border Security and Immigration. Borders should be secure. Illegal immigrants should not be given all benefits of legal residents; such as voting.
- Veterans. Veterans should be allowed to choose their own doctor and hospital. The possible elimination of the VA system.
- Education. It should be a state’s issue. Eliminate Common Core. The use of vouchers should be integrated into the educational system enabling parents to choose the school that best fits their child’s needs. The federal Education Department should be eliminated.
- Balanced Budget. The biggest no-brainer. Budgets should be producing surpluses. Zero-based budgeting should be introduced to all departments. Budgets and spending should be available to the general public on the internet. Every dollar spent should be recorded and searchable.
- Welfare Reform. Replicate the welfare system that is used in some states that require abled body adults to work a minimum number hours a week or be pursuing education or vocational training.
- Healthcare Reform. Healthcare decisions and the purchase of insurance should be left to individual and their doctor. Reverse Obamacare requirements which has many exemptions.
- Second Amendment. Strong advocate of the right for law abiding citizens to own gun. Considering a proposal for gun licenses to recognized across state lines similar to driving and marriage licenses.
- Marijuana. Decriminalize for medical use and severely reduce criminal penalties.
- Jerusalem Embassy Act. Enforce the passed by the 104th Congress requiring the Embassy be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
- Voter Registration. Citizens should be issued a voter registration card which is required for voting.
- Federal Minimum Wage. This should not be the responsibility of the federal government.
The Choice is Yours –
- Let’s choose change.
- Let’s choose strength.
- Let’s choose greatness.
- Let’s choose America.
- Let’s choose Rhodes.
MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE WITH LEE NEWTON RHODES FOR PRESIDENT 2016
Hillary Clinton is a Liar….Sanders main supporters are socialist terrorists….there really is only one clear choice….
**** Learn more about Lee Newton Rhodes ****